| RE: picking up pace | ||||
Jeff,
I've secured all sorts of kit now.
Seems Johnson Outdoors own all sorts of other companies, such as Silva, and many tent and kayak companies. I've asked for a whole load of Silva gear, it's awesome.
Also I've asked for a tent and bags, but they are nothing like as light as the Mountain Hardware, or quite as high quality, so we'll probably end up paying for a prodeal, but with the exposure we're getting I'd like to push for full sponsorship! Re: Mountain Hardware: 2nd Dimension sleeping bags look good; Airjet 2 looks mighty good too!
Think we have full sponsorship from Kokatat so I'm asking for drysuit, PFD, and hydration system each, will hear back from them again shortly no doubt.
Since kit sponsorship seems to be forthcoming now we're doing something about it, I'm trying not to spend on anything unless we have to [jbn: travel costs, particularly for Keirron, are still expensive]. Think we have some competition in the way of my two assistants, who its looks like will be joining us out there. Both are 19 - great paddlers and funny lads. I've organised a kayak for them, and just the thought of being thrashed by my own lads will ensure I train harder, and paddle harder on our trip!
Shawna and Leon of Body, Boat, Blade are very keen to help, so I'm aiming to get all gear sent to them as a base, set up there hopefully on the 9th and leave 10th May, just checking flights will fit in with that. Leon's taken those days off to ferry us round and help all he can. Leon is also contacting expedition food retailers for sponsorship of food. I'm trying this end still for the travel and logistics costs.
I'm off to N Wales next weekend for a sponsored paddlers meeting, and Justine Curgenven will be filming a few of us in Tritons out in the races
for her next video, so hopefully get increased publicity there!
I've got a set of (Lendel) wings arriving at Christmas, and a set of (Lendel) Kinetic touring 'flats' for when I'm worn out or the seas are huge and frightening!
Am working on getting you the same, will need some sizes for that too. Better get on with more stuff, so hear from you soon,
Keirron
Keirron Tastagh
Adventurous Experiences
www.adventurousexperiences.com
No comments:
Post a Comment